Thursday, April 23, 2009

Crafty....

I recently got a new lens, the Nikon 50mm 1.4G. It's Nikon's new Pro 50mm... and its gorgeous! It's aperture opens more than the 1.8, it's faster, and it's bokeh is more round as opposed to octagonal (compared to the 1.8 and the 1.4D). I haven't yet had a chance to test it in portraiture, but I did take a couple recent snaps with it....



Aren't those some handsome young men? Rascals, both of them. I LOVE that bib & those placemats, by the way! They catch stuff and make less mess, woohoo! Lucas has both together, if the bib doesn't catch the food, the mat does, I LOVE the combo!

Lucas is talking more, using sentences more. I'll sneeze and he'll say "bess ew, Mama." Last night at dinner he singled everyone of us out and said "i lub ew, Mama. i lub ew Daddy. i lub ew, Ses." Talk about making my heart melt! He also tries really hard to sing the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Hot Dog song... and its hysterical!

Seth has been a bit more of a challenge lately. I think he's anxious about the baby. He's been more willful and disobedient. This boy has a mind of his own, and while I encourage that, I'm trying my best to redirect it. I'm trying hard to get him to think ahead of time, or become aware of Lucas' "leave me alone" cues, and to be mindful of them. I'm sure in the next couple months we'll have more challenges, but that they will also fizzle out as he adapts to the change.

Last night all the Burns boys went to church, and I stayed home for an hour and a half of much needed peace. I worked on a craft 5 years in the making. I actually started this button frame 5 years ago, but ran out of buttons, and then it sat... and sat, and sat.


I finally picked up some more of the mother of pearl buttons to finish, and here is the result, one hour and three glue gun sticks later~

It's just a craft frame that I glued those to. That image is my mother and I, taken by my father back in 1980. Now the frame is sitting on Sugar's nightstand.

Other than that everyone is still sitting tight around here!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the beautiful frame - simple and very effective. Glad you got to finally finish it.

Green with envy about your lens - enjoy :)

Lori said...

what a cool frame and i am glad u got it done! ur photos are lovely and how cool u got a new lens!

Gen said...

Glad you found buttons! I was going to send a bag with Mom (along with some other goodies) when she comes after Baby Girl's arrival...still hoping for an "Andrea's in labor" call soon! I love you!

Molly said...

LOVE the frame, and the boys look pretty cute, too! We love those bibs and placemats at my house, too. :)

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

w0w-- I thought that was one of the boys and couldnt figure out who was holding him..... I bet Sugar is going to be a mommy clone!

gorgeous

Elaine said...

Great frame with the buttons and what cuties you have. My daughter uses those placemats for my granddaughters.

audrey neal said...

that's a beautiful frame -- and the photo inside is gorgeous too!

Stacey said...

Gorgeous frame! I think I have a few projects sitting around somewhere LOL. Enjoy your new lens....I would looove to replace my 1.8 if I don't throw it out the window first :)

Unknown said...

WOW, the frame is beautiful! As usual, love your photos! I don't know how you get them so bright...we have horrible lighting no matter where you go...

Unknown said...

Love the frame! I may have to make one myself! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics and what a neat idea on the frame! I love it!

Dani Alencar said...

This picture frame is gorgeous. Love the idea!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh my goodness, that button frame is amazing! Simply gorgeous!

gabs said...

I especially love the pic of the buttons and as ever: all of your photos are amazing!

Unknown said...

Awesome frame!! What a great idea.
Your new lens looks like it is going to be another fun one.

Cristi said...

Beautiful frame!