Thursday, April 02, 2009

A Diaper Shower....


My sister and my mother really gave me a blessing when they hosted a diaper shower for me last weekend.

The Menu
Chicken Salad on Croissant
Mango/ Raspberry/ Blueberry Salad
Orange Chocolate Chip Scones
Hot Crab Dip
Vidalia onion & Parmesan Dip
Brie
Tomato/ Bean/ Cilantro salsa
Vegetable Plate
Sherbet Punch & Coffee
Raspberry Lemon Shortbread




The only game we played.... people brought their own baby pictures and we guessed who was who.




After the picture game, the clothesline was used to display baby clothes gifts.



Myself, my middle sister Alicia, and my mom.

The shower was really great. I scored on Diapers.... (25 packs!!!) from sizes 1-4. I received a bunch of beautiful girly clothes, a new Vera Bradley diaper bag (in Pinwheel Pink), new nursing cover, pink boppy cover, all needed stuff. Sugar and I are pretty set. I still need to buy her some socks (lol), a new cradle sheet, and one more hooded towel, and we are good to go.


I came home and sorted everything out, and got everything put away by 8 pm. Can't stand clutter right now!

*******************

I had my 36 week DA a couple days ago.

I am "high and tight", though my Dr said she could feel the baby's head when she examined. She thinks things will start happening this week (loosening). I'm going to get out walking a bunch and see if that doesn't help.

I LOST two lbs this week!

You know what I recently realized?

With both of my boys I had a dark linea negra, Lucas' finally just faded last year.

With Sugar though?

NOTHING.

Weird huh?

11 comments:

audrey neal said...

oh -- everything looks so sweet! looks like a great time!

Lisa said...

Looks like you had a fabulous shower Andrea! And the photo's of Sugar's room are so precious! I'm so happy for you hun :)

Bethany said...

Looks like fun!

I just wanted to share - you might have already picked out the towel you wanted but I recently found this lady on etsy and ordered towels for each of my girls. She emailed me some extra designs that she could do so besides their names, they also each have a little picture embroidered on the towel as well.
Here is her shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6006847
And here is one of the custom ones she did for me: http://thegoodshiplollipop.blogspot.com/2008/08/custom-towel.html

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Won't be long now!

gabs said...

oh we don't know something like that here in germany - it's great WOW

Dielle said...

What a great shower! I love the game w/ the baby pictures, and having all the gifts hung on the line after is adorable!

dawn said...

You're looking radiant Andrea - and I so wished we celebrated like this. Gorgeous pics and memories :)

Jhari said...

Little Sugar is so blessed to have such a sweet mom like you Ms Andrea. Looking forward for baby photos soon.

Jill said...

I have heard that about the line...varies from boy/girl.

Congrats on all the goodies!

Lisa said...

Look at all those cute girly goodies! What a fun party! And how great that you got stocked up on so many diapers!

Anonymous said...

I never got the dark line on my stomach with my third either, weird!