Wednesday, January 07, 2009

No Computer....

Monday night Nate came downstairs , literally sat at the computer... and it just went black, and then it started flashing... lol. Not cool. Our Dell desktop is 4 years old, and we are trying to squeeze another year out of it. So last night we went to Best Buy and picked up a new 19" Samsung flat screen monitor. I have to get used it, lol.

The things you can do when there is no computer! I had a VERY BUSY day yesterday regardless! My house is Spic & SPAN! I did laundry, straightened & organized, dusted, vacuumed, mopped, grocery shopped, made homemade spaghetti sauce, & baked cherry shortbread cookies.... I hobbled into Best Buy like and old woman. I think a bit too much for this pregnant woman. But man, does my house thank me!

Today I need to finish proofing a family session I had last Saturday.

And since I haven't posted a recipe in a long time, here is a new favorite. Good ole' winter comfort food!

Chicken Pot Pie

4 TBS butter
4 TBS flour
1 c chicken broth
1 c milk
2 c chicken, cooked and cubed/ shredded
1 1/2 c potatoes, cooked & cubed
1 c. frozen mixed vegetables (or peas & carrots)
2 pie crusts

Melt butter in large saucepan. Stir in flour until thickened. Slowly add milk & broth, stirring constantly until thickened. Simmer for 5 minutes. line pie pan with pie crust. Combine sauce, chicken, potatoes, and vegetables. Pour into pie plate. Top with 2nd crust. Trim and vent. Bake at 350* for 35 to 40 min.

mmmm.... enjoy!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Thanks for the recipe, sounds yummy! Think I may try it this week!

Heather said...

Yum, we love chicken pot pie in our house:) The cherry cookies sound great too!