Monday, January 19, 2009

Hair....

I have this love/ hate relationship with my hair. I grow it long because long hair is a symbol of feminine beauty to me (oh, my latin upbringing!) But once it is long, I am desperate for something trendy and sassy, and stylish. So, in essence... I am never really happy.

This is what I looked like Friday morning when I woke up...


I was desperate for something new, something fresh. I wanted something shorter and with sidebangs... I've really taken notice of my rather largish forehead lately, lol. My ends were really dry too, from all of our pool trips last year. So I had an appointment Friday afternoon, and took the following two photos with me.... Notice the length in both.


Mother's Day 2007

My girlfriend Lisa

Walked in, told the stylist what I wanted. Showed her the pictures, laid them out in front of her. I told her I didn't care for cutting into the layers, ie; thinning. And then she made that first snip. And after that first snip, you can't really go back can you?

Five-six healthy inches and an hour later, I got this.... (beware, Nate is NOT a photog, lol)


Quite a shock, since it is a good couple inches shorter than what the photos show. I can barely get it in a low ponytail. It's taken me all weekend, but I think I'm finally starting to get used to it. It does actually swing and bounce, lol. I think I will like it much more in a couple months once it grows another inch or so.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee...yeah, you can't go back after that first cut! But I like it! I like it ending just below the shoulder. Yeah, it's harder to put into a ponytail though :)

karen (Hom74)

Deena said...

Well I love it, I think its really cute :) But I know how it is when it gets cut a bit shorter than you intended!

Angela Maggard said...

I am a secret follower of you blog... I just love your pictures, and I left you a little love on my blog...

Anonymous said...

I like it! It's sounds like the shorter length was kind of a shock for you, but I think even if you wanted to let it grow out a bit, it will probably grow out very nicely and hold its shape while you get back that extra inch or so that you want.

Lisa Joy said...

It looks amazing! Got to love the love /hate relationship most of us have with our hair.

ValeriGail said...

I think it looks great! It should grow out nicely too, so in a few weeks you won't even remember the shock of it! I have the same love/hate relationship with my hair.

Anonymous said...

I think it's beautiful. You look more stylish and sophisticated. I didn't think it was possible for you to look BETTER than before, but you do!

20Birds said...

drives my husband crazy when i decide i have to do something with my hair because i am driven at that point, IT HAS TO HAPPEN NOW.... and we have seen some crazy results but you look fantastic~

Anonymous said...

I really like it Andrea. It's very fun and sassy! It looks very stylish! Shorter then the pictures yes, but it's adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh I think it looks so cute! I love the length on you.

Chloé said...

No matter the hair, you're gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

I think it looks gorgeous - you always look radiant in your photos.

Now I'm off to check out the sale...

Anonymous said...

I love your new hair and as always, your beautiful photos.

Nicole said...

I think it looks so cute, Andrea! But, if I looked like you did when you got up Friday morning, I'd be doing a happy dance!

Unknown said...

Your hair looks great to me everyway you cut it. I like it shorter than long and the way it flips. I just got more layers in mine also. Getting use to trying to style it.

Anonymous said...

I think you're being too hard on your hair. lol It looks really cute! Definitely bouncy!

Anonymous said...

youre precious and i think your hair looks great in every single photo....its like you can do no wrong with it :)

Sarah C. (my4hens) said...

I really LOVE your hair!! Your adorable and would probably look good bald LOL But it definitely rocks! I understand the attatchment though. My hair is seriously to my butt. Need to have it cut and have not found the courage yet. Nate did a great job btw :)