Monday, January 05, 2009

Certifiable....



Look at that face. LOVE my new lens, check out his creamy skin and that beautiful bokeh. I did nothing to his skin here, promise!

I have a bunch of stuff planned today... I have to hit the Post Office and the Bank. I also need to do some rearranging in Seth's room~ Lucas officially moves in tonight. We're just rolling the crib in for now, but it starts tonight. Joy. They need to get used to hearing each other's noises and such.

I figure we can transition him into his twin bed by March, early April at the latest.

Christmas is over, its barely January, and I'm already thinking about Lucas' 2nd birthday in March. I'm certifiable I think. I already have an idea about his gifts and his cake (banana caramel cake/ cupcakes with caramel icing... maybe in the shape of a plane?) He love to play with my cooking utensils and loves planes, so I'm thinking... a small kitchen set and some planes (naturally, LOL!).

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you can think so far ahead. We're kind of in limbo right now, hoping to sell this house so we can close on the new one, and I can't think beyond the next showing.

It is a beautiful photo - his eyes are very striking. I've started noticing the term bokeh recently, but don't have a clue what it is. Do you have an easy way of helping one to understand...? :)

Tammy said...

WOW!! Your new lens rocks!! Good luck with the boys being together now. *evil grin*

Thanks for letting me know my blog wasn't letting you comment. I think I finally figured out the problem. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo of Seth... and I was planning Charlie's 2nd birthday even before his 1st was over! I couldn't decide between two themes... so #2 is going to be a fabulous monkey bash! If you are certifiable, then I am right there with you.

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous photo! That lens just officially got added to my wish list.

Good luck with having the boys share a room. It may take some time, but they'll adapt. Our two boys (4 & 9) share a room, and our two girls (2 & 6) share a room, too.

SarahG said...

Awesome picture, that's some lens.

Your B-day Cake plan sounds delicious!

Have a Great Day!

Conni said...

I love his big brown eyes!! Out of my 3 children only one has big brown eyes!! What kind of Nikon are you using??

C

Kelly said...

He is one of the cutest kids I've ever seen. He could seriously model. That picture looks like it's straight out of a GAP ad.

My middle boy will be four at the end of February and birthday plans are in full swing here too. You're in good company! :)

Unknown said...

I am loving your new lens too.
I am a sucker for great brokeh!!

Sounds like a fun boys' birthday cake.

We also just moved one son in with the other. I hope your experience goes better then ours is. yikes.
another trying parenting venture.

Kimberly said...

Awesome photo.

You've been tagged
http://kilynnlucas.blogspot.com/

Post your 6th photo, from your 6th picture folder.
Then tag 5 people.

Anonymous said...

You should put him in a contest for GAP. Very cute. :o) It will work out with the rooms. Just give it time. :o) I am still so tickled that you are having a girl now. Blessings!

Angela

Anonymous said...

This is a great capture. Gorgeous color and clarity! I love the crop!