Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Christmas Story {In July}

Last week I promised the A Christmas Story pictures, and I finally nagged Nate to death to give the pictures of of his lil' Nikon Point & Shoot.

While in Ohio weeks ago we stopped by the A Christmas Story House in Cleveland. It was so COOL! There is a little gift shop, an in-the-works-museum, and of course the house you can tour.

During the tour we learned that the movie was really low budget, and even though it takes place in Indiana, Cleveland was an economical choice. In the early 80's, the movie was owned by a bachelor who had no problems relocating to a Hotel for a few weeks. After the movie, it was eventually sold and turned into a duplex. A couple years ago the previous owner decided to list and sell the house on Ebay. At the time the house was only worth $40K, but the previous owner listed it at $100K. Someone in California (not knowing the housing conditions in this part of Cleveland) thought this was a steal and purchased it for $150K. He was dismayed to see the run-down, rotted floors, duplex condition and had to dump $250K into rehabilitation. He restored it to Movie-Like condition matching what he could. Across the street is the little museum with clothing and artifacts from the movie.

Pictures....







This is Ralphy's BB Gun Christmas Composition.....


It was really cool! Are you a fan of this movie?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun is that? I didn't even know that existed... we watch that movie EVERY year!

Zin from the Alps said...

What a beautiful eye for photography! Enjoyed them all! The photos on the beach are just gorgeous!

lorig said...

Beautiful photography and a great story. We don't watch many movies and I don't recognize this title as one we have seen, but love hearing background details like you provided.

Welcome... said...

i love that movie! my favorite all time christmas story...every year we watch it to...so hilarious. =) That's so much and i didn't even know that existed.

Cyndy said...

What a fun trip! I love this movie!

k8o said...

How fun!
I am a big fan of the movie, it is one of my all time favorites!!!!
I bought my husband a leg lamp several years ago and we have the Department 56 A Christmas Story Village that I decorate with at Christmas. We will have to visit the house sometime.
Thanks for sharring!

Jen said...

that's so awesome!! I had no clue it was a museum...

Angelina Schwarz said...

That is so fun! I love the shot of Seth with the leg lamp, roflol! Dh wants one of those BAAAAD! Hahaha!