Monday, September 10, 2007

Sadie Update....

The Shepherd Rescue lady put us in touch with a Shepherd trainer in our county. It turns out that his neighbor is an elderly man, whose wife died years ago and his shepherd of 11 years just passed away. He didn't want a puppy (b/c of his age and energy). But he did want another shepherd for a watch dog and a companion.

So we met with the 2 men yesterday afternoon. The trainer is a good neighbor, checking our Sadie for the elderly man, and it seems that it is a great fit. So Sadie went home with her new master. The trainer kept reassuring us that she was going to a great place, where he would love her and dote on her, and that there was a great yard. He also offered that we could call and check up on her whenever.

Last night we also had our Farewell Dinner at our church here. It was very bittersweet and sad. People shared stories about us, and thanked us. We did a lot of hugging, and I shed many tears.

I was a huge mess all day yesterday, but I feel better about Sadie's quality of life and yet looking forward to our new chapter in the Burns' story.

The moving truck is coming tomorrow, we actually leave Wednesday morning. This coming Sunday we are off to the beach for a week. I have no idea when we'll get the internet hooked up, but it may not be for 2 or 3 weeks.

So this may be my last post for a little while. ((HUGS)) to you all, and I'll be seeing you.... from Maryland!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

12 comments:

debsdesignz said...

So glad y'all were able to find a good home for Sadie! Have a safe move! I moved so much growing up so I know how hard it is. But it's always fun to get settled into a new place and meet new people! I'll be praying for y'all! Oh and have fun at the beach! Take lots of pics! Duh, of course you will! lol

Shawna said...

Oh I'm so glad you found a home for Sadie! I bet that puts your heart & mind @ rest now that you know she'll be well taken care of! Good luck with the move & enjoy your time @ the beach!!

Monika said...

Hi Andrea, it is great, that Sadie has a nice place to live! Good luck in your new home!!! Monika

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found some one suitable for Sadie! It's nice that you can call and check on him, too!
Have a great time at the beach and moving (as much as you can, anyway). I can't wait for an update from Maryland!

Carla

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful home to Sadie :) Hope she can bring the man much happiness

Good luck on your move and have fun @ the beach!! btw, The picture on the bottom is adorable..ya'll look so happy :)

Can't wait to hear an update from Maryland :)

Joy said...

Oh .... that is so awesome.. I am so glad you were able to find a home for Sadie.. and you can leave in peace... when we moved two years ago we had to leave our two cats.. and that was very hard... Thank GOD that someone took them and loved them.

Have a good trip.

How in the world did you do that to your picture.. that is soo darn cute.. you are so talented.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you were able to find Sadie a home. I know that you will miss her, but at least she'll be taken care now. Hope you have a wonderful trip to the beach. The tropical storm didn't do alot of damage this past weekend, so there should still be enough beach there to enjoy! Good luck with packing the truck. Take care!!

Heather said...

Best of luck Andrea on your move! I'll hold PA up for you!

Anonymous said...

Andrea - It seems like just about everything is coming together for this new and wonderful chapter of your lives. I know it is so hard to say goodbye -- especially for a heart like yours. Good things are to come and you have so many special memories to treasure. HUGS!

Theresa said...

Wait, what? Maryland! You're moving to MD? Wow, skip a few (okay a lot) of posts and miss all kinds of stuff. I'm so sorry about Sadie; I can only imagine how tough that must be. But Maryland? Rock on!! My whole extended family lives in the Baltimore area. I love MD!! Oh my gosh! I go visit whenever I can, I might actually get to meet the famous Andrea Burns someday.

Okay, back to you and your situation, I'm glad you found a good home for her. It really sounds like the perfect fit. Big squeeze.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your move Andrea. I'm glad you found someone that'll be good to Sadie.

Laura said...

Hope you have a safe trip and it sounds like sadie is going to a good place!!!

Super cute photo!!