Friday, December 19, 2008

Sugar's Nursery

We went to the mall last week, and wandered into Pottery Barn Kids. I asked to view a certain quilt in person, as I had been eying a certain room in their catalogue and online. They brought out the LAST one the store had. Online it sells for $80... but because it was their last of a newly-store-discontinued line, I got it for, wait for it....... $25!!!!

Here is Baby Girl's nursery (a la PBK pics {no, her name is not caitlin})...




I came straight home and ordered the bumper, sheets and bed ruffle. We haven't yet decided if we'll go the pine colored furniture, or break new ground with white furniture. She doesn't have a dresser yet, but our Daybed, which will eventually become hers in a few years, is a pine bed with some black wrought iron. Nate says he can paint it, but I'm still on the fence.

As for Sugar's online nickname... you may remember I did this with Lucas too, calling him "Bean." I have to keep a couple things a surprise. ;) "Sugar" is actually pretty special, as it was the name we called my great-grandma.

Wouldn't you know that I have 2 fancy schmancy parties this weekend (where I am wearing exactly the same thing too, lol) and my face looks like pepperoni pizza. Dang these hormones and thank goodness for photoshop later, lol.

9 comments:

Robin L said...

Oh my gosh thats soo pretty and cant bet that price. have fun this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh my
so pretty - it's wonderful

Jennifer Woodbury said...

That's the same bedding we have for Claire (and we have that white crib in the photo too, LOL) and I love it. What an awesome price you got for it!

Anonymous said...

oh, how pretty! love these

Unknown said...

Adorable quilt, and even more so being a bargain!

Anonymous said...

White! I love little girls in white-wood rooms. :)

Great buy!

Flora said...

wow what a gorgeous baby girl room and fantastic price you got too :0) Im sure you will be glowing for the parties

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea, Sugar's room is going to be beautiful you will have so much fun decorating and dressing your little girl!

Unknown said...

I love Love that bedding! and I vote for a white crib.
So adorable that her nickname is Sugar. I agree something needs to be a secret. We did the same thing with the last two. Found out the sex and kept the name a surprise.