Monday, November 24, 2008

Giving Thanks

Things are a-happening here in the Burns' household lately. And I'm so sorry for lagging in the posting department.

Can you believe that it is almost Thanksgiving? This month went fast. These last couple months just went fast. The Good Book says "it is good to give thanks to the Lord." (Psalm 92:1)

Nate: I am so very thankful that he is a great provider and a wonderful husband. In this time of economic uncertainty, I am blessed that my husband's job has been unaffected, thus we are unaffected. I am thankful that he is strong, and loyal, and ever-determined.

Seth: I am so very thankful that my oldest child is so bright and witty. I am thankful that he is strong willed, because I know that it means he can think for himself. I am thankful that he is imaginative and that his smile is heartbreakingly beautiful.

Lucas: I am so very thankful that my second child is so sensitive and a cuddler. I am thankful that he is a mama's boy and comes looking just for me when he is in need. I am thankful that he is the clown of the family and does goofy things to make us laugh, and that his blue eyes just sparkle when he achieves it.

Baby 3: I am so very thankful that it is easy for me to conceive children when I know there are other very deserving women just aching for the miracle. I am thankful that this child is kicking and squirming, and I am thankful for the chance to see who this little Burns will grow to be.

I am so very thankful for talents and gifts that *I* cannot take credit for. The Lord has given, and I am joyful for it. I am thankful that these gifts are truly enjoyable. I am so thankful for my family's health and the things we have been given, ie. our home, and the ability to feed our family.

What are you thankful for?

11 comments:

Lori said...

This is very sweet! I am gonna have to do one soon too!

Anonymous said...

So sweet!
Here in Norway where I live, we don't have thanksgiving holidays; and that's a shame really, 'cause it seems a great thing to celebrate :-)

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for life itself. Despite all of the petty imperfections I could go on about myself, I am so incredibly blessed. I am thankful for my husband who loves and supports me in all I do. Thankful doesn't even describe the greatfullness I have for my children since I did conceive them all through infertility! I do thank God every solitary day for giving me another one here to watch my family grow and the beautiful things around me :) You are getting me all teary eyed now.

Flora said...

I am so thankful for so many things and glad to have seen what you are thankful too. Happy holidays :)

Anonymous said...

I have so much to be thankful for....the list is way too long to do, but I never forget.

Andrea said...

Hello there! I just wanted to say that I love your digital kit designs. I previously had my blog designed using your Illuminaire kit. It was lovely. Anyway, I have a question for you. I love the font that you tag your name on your kits with. That was my old signature on my blog design and I have searched and searched for it on the internet. Would you be willing to share with me the name of the font? I was hoping to use it on my next design, but haven't been able to track it down anywhere!

Mrs. Burns said...

I'm pretty sure you are looking for Susie's Hand or Albemarle Swash. HTH! And TFChecking in!

MEI said...

What a wonderful way to show your fam that you are thankful for them. Hope you have a great holiday!

Susie said...

What a beautiful way to start the holiday weekend. I am thankful for a DH who is loving and excepts me with all my craziness. I am thankful that I have a wonderful family who compromises and looks out for each other. I am thankful that I have enough faith to get me through my fertility treatments and know that if it is in Gods plan for us to concieve we will. I think it is so humble of you to relaize that you are blessed to be able to concieve easily. I have known a lot of women who take it for granted. May you and your loved ones enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.
Que Dios los Bendiga a todos!
Sussell

Frannie said...

That was beautiful Andrea. I hope your boys know how lucky they are and are just as thankful for a wife and mother like you.

I am thankful for the health of all of my loved ones. And for the love of my family. I am also thankful for my wonderful husband and our relationship. I am a lucky person to still feel the way I do today that I did when I met him 11 years ago.

Andrea said...

Yes it was Albemarle Swash! Thank you soo much. I've been hunting that down for weeks. Love your blog. Thanks again!