Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Treasuring Life....

We've had a couple days of snow here, so we are bundled in tight and warm. The end of December and the beginning of January have been brutally cold here, and so we got our heating bill yesterday. It wasn't pretty. We are already pretty conservative with our heat, but I marched over and lowered it another degree. We'll see if that helps.

Sugar has been pretty active lately. I've been trying to get Seth to feel her kicks, but every time I'd put his hand on my belly, she would just stop. Last night she was having a party, and I called Seth over. He places his hand on my belly, and right away Sugar has this massive somersault. Seth just looked at me wide eyed in shock, and then we both burst out into laughter. I think Sugar became a reality for him last night.

I've been picking up a few things here and there for her. I saw this dress at Gymboree and had to have it...


And I finally found the perfect Baby Memory Book for her. Love it! It's already been written in. Now.... just to fnd time to sit and actually *finish* Lucas'. Lol.



My sister is talking about throwing me a diaper shower sometime in March. Which is perfect, because I will still have two in diapers for another year or so. Of course since Sugar is #3, I already have most of what I need, but I've discovered Kaboodle, and yesterday had fun creating a wish list of some minor girly things, like bibs and blankets.

I have entered the uncomfortable stage in my pregnancy. I'm sleeping fitfully, and I must have a pillow between my knees. Its a chore to turn over too. I'm already experiencing minor contractions when I climb stairs or walk too long. And when I'm on my couch, I just can't seem to get enough support behind my back. However, I try not to complain too much, because I know that this is the last time. The last time I am pregnant, the last time I can feel life inside of me. So I'm trying to treasure it all.

7 comments:

Zippizip said...

One of the fondest memories Jenn and I have is her sitting on the couch and watching her belly as all three of our kids did laps. hope you get more comfortable, Love the octopus picture!

Stan at Scrappers Workshop
www.scrappersworkshop.com/blog

Melissa said...

Love that little dress!! So jealous of your girl - I ended up with 3 boys (who I wouldn't trade for the world) but deep down wish that I would have been graced with a girl. How fun that Seth got to feel her move - it is so fun to see their reactions.

Lena said...

Having your first girl is so much fun! (I say this like I've had 19, but just the one! LOL!). Love that gymbo dress!

ValeriGail said...

I remember the first time my twins felt Katelyn move! From that day on, the would come over to me at any time and lift my shirt up to see "Baby irl" That dress is so cute! I had three boys before being blessed with Katelyn, and i went a little crazy on girl things. Still do, and she's 3!

Heather said...

Love that you're having a little girl, can't wait to find out what her name will be;)

Where did you find the sweet baby book? I still don't have one for Delaney(she's 14 months old!)and I love that one!

Take care!

Mrs. Burns said...

Heather, I updated my opst with a link, HTH! I also picked up the matching photo album. :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't Kaboodle great? And I was in Gymboree and had that dress in my hand and ALMOST got it for you. It was a 0-3 month size and I thought it was too sweet. And I knew you would love it and Sugar could wear it on Sundays, etc. Then I thought you might not want it in that size, etc. Glad I didn't get it! But great minds think alike...