Friday, June 22, 2007

Photo Tip Friday~ Devise A Master Plan

Before you set up your camera or invite your subject to pose, think about what story you want the photo to tell. Then pick clothing or props that will tell your story. A little girl's flowered dress captures innocence, while a simple white outfit draws attention to a child's face.



Adding familiar props, such as a favorite toy or hat will help put your child at ease. Sometimes this can distract and take more effort, but you will end up with some charming images that truly reflect personality.


Try to envision your photo before you capture it... but also be aware that you might not capture what you want. So go with the flow and relax. Children can sense frustration and will react to it.

Also, another tip... keep small candy, like jelly beans, on hand. When they've done a good job reward them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know, thanks so much! I look forward to each and every tip :)!

Leslie

debsdesignz said...

I'm excited about these photo tips! I've been praying about going to a tech school or community to take some photography classes! Even if I don't go back to school, I'm sure these tips will help! :) THanks!

Kim said...

These are great tips Andrea, I have soem photos upon my photo blog if you'd like to go peek at them, ket me know what you think!

Kim